Categories
Uncategorized

Project#2 Reflection

Basically this project felt personal to me as growing up I have encountered the experience that the stigma of being a poor African brings and honestly wanted to bring awareness to it. It’s because of memes and pictures on social media as well as commercials we see in our everyday life that reveals why many other people feel as though all Africans are put within the same boat. Within the texts that I referenced and used in my annotated bibliography, they help me to explain to the audience that the idea most people hold when it comes to West African communities is not true. In the case of exploited children, there are many active reforms in Africa currently being used to help ensure the children are protected and as far as food goes for children, there is food available in schools as programs are being created for donations to become welcome. The texts I chose were informative and addressed the main audience who needs the clarification which is your average human being in America who has access to online platforms where the stigma is advertised for all to see, so I was happy to find sources that aren’t highlighted as much to give a greater perspective to the audience. Those texts as well as pictures help to support my argument that not all African children or people who live in African communities are poor and dirty despite what it may appear to be on social media.