Categories
Uncategorized

Reflective Blog Post

Throughout the semester I have learned a lot about myself through my writing. Writing is never easy but it’s the thought behind it that always counts for a bigger reward. Within this class, we have learned how to take various forms of texts to a different level in terms of analyzing and uncovering different interpretations behind different ideas in writing, through our own thoughts as well as others. I was able to come up with writing strategies in times where I may have writer’s block and nothing to say, I can use the skills we practiced in class to further influence my thinking pieces. The influence that social media plays in daily conceptions and practices used in writing pieces today had to have been one of my favorite points throughout the semester because it relates to real life as we are apart of the general audience who has to encounter this daily and the things that happen around us definitely do influence the ideas and opinions that we carry behind recurring events in literature as such. This class also made me more outspoken in terms of being able to properly articulate my thoughts and my thought process to ensure that my message comes across. I gained confidence throughout the semester being able to properly account for the thoughts I had but through my writing instead which I heavily appreciated. Even through occasion papers, I always had a chance to showcase my own creativity when it came down to it. All in all, this semester I was able to grow as a writer within my own skin just through being introduced to different techniques that can be used to uncover different meanings throughout various pieces of literature as well as social media influences which is pretty cool. Definitely will refer back to these skills in my near writing future.