Categories
Uncategorized

Occasional Paper #1

As of lately, I’ve been getting to know myself more. You know, you’d think considering you’ve been you for your entire life, that you know yourself already.. But it’s really not true. Over the years I’ve been so many different people. I’ve been vulnerable, I’ve been strong, I’ve been resilient, I’ve been weak. I was girly and felt pretty, and some days I still felt ugly. All in all.. I still never knew who I was or what I enjoyed until I got to know myself some more. These days I treat myself how I see myself, as a well deserving young woman with her whole life ahead of her. Even on my worst days, I learned how to be okay with it just being me. No matter how I felt at the time, I came first. I became more selfish with myself, I damn near cried for the little me who begged to be accepted.. How dare you girl! I learned to be my own friend, learned that I love happiness in life, and I know it isn’t easy but I just know we’ll be okay somehow. Constantly thinking about my future and it just keeps feeling like I’m running out of time. Every year with time, I change.. My mind changes, my life changes. I’m not even the woman I wanted to be yesterday but yet people think they know me from last week. I take life on the heed, put it in the front and embrace it. It’s not perfect, but who really wants that anyways? I came such a long way and I’m still not done coming, I’m still on my way. So many things to do with what feels like such little time but it’s what you make it. Even on my darkest days I know nothing easy comes without pain, the sun will shine again. I do it for little me wishing to be the best I could ever be. I think of little me wishing for better days with better just never coming, but it did– But it did.